Wednesday, June 20, 2012

So...I Broke My Leg

They were calling it a distal femur fracture, or "distal femur fx" as it was written on the scant shards of paperwork that I got to see.

I was getting ready to head out to my little sequestered camp site to knock out the first draft of the novel I'm working on. Things were going swimmingly. A conversation after a little video seen on our special DVD player had me thinking, and then had me distracted and acting.

And then I learned I'm part Viking.

But all that will be made clear in the next series of posts. Like my unfinished Wednesday in Los Angeles project I had designs on this maybe being something more, something mixing humor and wide eyed nerves with veteran head knowledge and pain tolerance.

So...here's a picture, showing how the leg ended up looking in a CT Scan picture:


The top bone, coming down from out of the frame, shouldn't have a broken piece floating in its vicinity. The five days covered from Friday, when it happened, and Tuesday, when I made it home will be covered in the following posts, and you'll get an idea of how the first few minutes after transpired, why I was in that particular space, how I made it home, then the hospital, learning about it, and the surgery itself. It's been a fast five days.

And I'm all about recovery, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment