Friday, May 18, 2012

Cool Water Bike

On some random errand a few months back I came across the following advertisement postcard:


Sweet!, I thought, that's just what I need. I could ride all the way out to Catalina with one of those. It may get a little dicey, but...now, though, after having ridden from watts to Long Beach, which is ten miles less than Long Beach to Catalina, I'm less sure of my peddling ability. Maybe if I could tow a little raft to nap in, and carry food or something...

Anyway, I could definitely ride down to Mexico, right? That seems easier with the current...you know, start out, get tired and nap and let the current do some work, wake up and get back at it...

Then I started to read the flyer a little bit closer. Near the bottom of the reverse side, they make their policy on travelling on the open ocean unequivocally known


Slightly crestfallen, I realized that if I had my own waterbike, they couldn't stop me. Only the hundreds of gigantic vessels and bad weather could end that really bad decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment