Thursday, August 2, 2012

Picture 7000

I know...this is a wasted post. I'm working a little thing here and I didn't want to see that long list of July posts staring back at me.

I realized that this was picture 7000 with the Canon point-and-shoot some time after it was taken. That's the camera we bought right before a wedding trip from Austin to SLO in 2010.

I was taking pictures of an episode of the Simpsons, for a post about "Life in Hell" character Bongo. That's how I work, I guess.

I saw an image of John Swarzwelder hanging out at the burlesque house. I'm familiar enough with how they animate the show and who people are and where you could expect to realistically find some of these guys, and in a burlesque house works for Swarzwelder. I grabbed the camera and took the picture, and it turned out to be number 7000.


He's the shaggy guy on the right.

Do yourself a favor and check out the Frank Burly detective novels from John Swarzwelder. It's some of the funniest stuff this side of Pat Yamamoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment