Friday, September 7, 2012

Watching My G-Men Shouldn't Suck This Much

I try not to get too attached to my football team, the Giants. I have mixed feelings about American football, but I do have a very strong fondness for Big Blue.

While watching them fuck up their opening game against the Cowboys, I was getting agita. The last football game that I watched that mattered also featured the Giants, and we were in Honduras, the G-Men beat Tom Terrific, and I was drinking rum and beer and shouting at a quiet television.

For some reason the game was getting to me. Football isn't like baseball. In the World Series, say, you can watch the Yankees get beat by the Phillies while enjoying a nice buzz in New Orleans, and know that there are more games left. Football has a slow, in-game level of "ah, fuck they're not gonna fucking do it" set in, and I try to never let my emotions get that involved.

The first game of the season...it just shouldn't produce agita this early...

2 comments:

  1. I missed the game... sounded... ah... ugly.... I was watching the DNC.... you need to live in Phoenix, where after a first game loss the entire season is written off....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...in Phoenix that may be the case this year. You've got the best receiver in Fitzgerald, but one big guy (Skelton) who's inaccurate and one accurate guy (Kolb) who's smaller than me. That may be an exaggeration, but the Cardinals are going to struggle this year.

    ReplyDelete