Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Meaty Diagrams

Here are some diagrams for beef and pork. The first are from the UK, and the seconds (for both) are from the States.

Now, after working for some time in the restaurant industry, I can say I never committed these to memory. I almost would have thought the first diagrams are the US one, but I'd be wrong.

I think they're pretty cool.

Again, the UK beef diagram:


And the US beef diagram:


Here's the UK pork diagram:


And here's the US pork breakdown:


Everywhere I worked in New York had pork belly back when it was starting to trend in 2007. It was reasons like that that would trip me up in a blind quiz of these two sets of diagrams.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting.... I remember when I drew the heads and legs on the animals in the cook book so you would know that beef wasn't just random but an actual animal.....
    I think I like the UK version better....

    ReplyDelete