Friday, February 10, 2012

Blonde Giants in the Mayan Jungle

Brewing my super fresh coffee from the co-op we visited in the mountains of Honduras, near the Guatemalan border, I'm starting the series of posts about our trip.

I decided the title of this post would be the overall title of this current writing project, and, while amusing, it was accurate. In Bed Stuy we weren't giants, but we were quite noticeable and the objects of bewildered stares.

In two spots in Guatemala, again, we were the objects of slack-jawed stares, but this time we were of a fairly imposing stature relative to our audience.

I haven't counted out how many posts there might be, but they'll likely follow a temporally-forward moving trajectory, with moments of digression for anecdotal posts and other things that I can't as of yet imagine.



So, here we go...a pair of blonde giants out in the February humidity of the region's "winter".

No comments:

Post a Comment