Monday, October 22, 2012

A Few From the Balcony

Occasionally I head out onto our back balcony and take pictures. When I put a new roll of film in Corrie's manual 35 mm camera, it takes a few clicks of the shutter and windings to get the film ready for actual taking pictures, and I usually aim it at the magnolia tree off one side:



This picture is from my Old Reliable camera. One way to tell is because it's over-exposed. It's too bright, and is actually brighter than you'd see with your eyes. But, here's the darker one...


You want the middle ground. In the first one the tree is too bright, but closer than here, while the roof here is much closer to reality than the roof in the other picture.

Sometimes at night I come out and take pictures of the "L" on the top of the Lafayette Building, a condominium, and the results are pretty sweet:


It looks like I fell, or took a step, but I was probably just shaky. Here's the same building during a rare foggy morning:


The balcony is a spot where we eat on occasion, take guests for a relaxing evening cocktail, and have our garden. The garden's next...

No comments:

Post a Comment