Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Camera-Phone Pics: Laundry on Friday

Tuesday, eight minutes 'til eleven in the morning. I stepped outside the laundromat and took a picture with my new mobile device. It was June 7th.


I thought it might be a cool place from where to take pictures on future trips. Less than a month later, on a random Friday night, July 1st to be exact, I stepped out and took a picture at 7:38, wondering just why exactly I was doing laundry on a Friday night, a rare off night for me at the time:


We got into a habit of doing laundry every two weeks, but as I had five white chef coats, I found I needed to get them washed and ironed as needed, so I pretty much ended up at the laundromat every week. But, I realized on one trip that the last time I'd gone out to take a picture was also a Friday. This Friday was a morning, right at 9:45, on the cloudy 26th of August:


Just over a month later, on September 30th, another Friday, I was back, and at almost the exact same time, 9:39 on a notably less cloudy that morning:


Now it was just getting weird. Friday had become this day where I had to wash and iron five big white chef coats. It wasn't until going on a trip to Seattle in early November that I was able to break the chain. But before then, I was back again, Friday morning again, 9:12 on October 7th, exactly a week later than the last trip:


Some days my phone was at home charging, other days I just didn't think about it. Also, it was hard to go from picture to picture, so when it came to lining them up, you can tell I was using the palm on the left as an anchor, and oscillated (unknowingly) at centering the shot on the round condo or between it and the pointy-roofed Villa Riviera.

I don't really miss having to do laundry every... single...Friday, though.

(I just found an efficient way of getting my pictures of the phone, so there'll be a few more posts like this in the coming days.)

No comments:

Post a Comment