Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Reclaiming this Bikepath for the West-Side

I got my groove back. Or something.

I carried down my bike, slowly, and went outside. I climbed on top, and started pedaling. Mostly. My left, surgically repaired knee, couldn't stay on the pedal all the way through the motion, so I had to pull out each time after putting force down on the pedal.

Pushing off was fine, then I'd have to pull out, and repeat the motion.

A few days later it was the weekend and Corrie and I went out biking, and after my stretches all week, I was able to keep my left heel on the pedal all the way through the pedaling motion. Also, Corrie was able to snap some pictures of my, eh, triumph.

This is the bike path we use to get around from the West Side, where we live, to the Belmont Shore, on the east side. This is also the Death-Bike, Causer of the Distal Fracture:


If you look close, in the shadows you can see Corrie with the camera and my shadow looking like a seahorse.

This next picture is an action shot; a grimace on my face. This happens when my knee was pushed beyond it's flexing point.


I went out today on a longer ride, and over the weekend we went on a nice ride when Tony was around, and on both days, I could keep my foot on the pedal just a little more than the last time.

Like today, I could keep my foot on the pedal for nearly the entire motion, and by the end, I was able to pivot my ankle and hold almost my entire foot on the pedal, instead of just the heel.

Progress, baby!

I like the way the clouds obscure the sun here:


This was a trip we made to the Belmont Brewing Company, a brewery along the beach right off of the pier. Not a bad selection, nothing too offensive. That is until I had a strawberry monstrosity from the Belmont Brewers at a tasting night in San Luis last week. That stuff was worse than a wine cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment