Friday, July 27, 2012

100th Post

Welcome to 100th post on The Observatory. This site started as a means for me to write up the little thoughts that I'd originally planned on skipping when I decided to write only long-form literary style blog posts back in January on my original site, Caliboyinbrooklyn.

That lasted pretty much the full month of January before I switched back to regular posts on the ...inBrooklyn site, and now both have similar things covered.

After realizing that I wanted something more serious for this site, the Observatory, I decided to put all the Central American posts up here, and then did the same with the broken leg material. Long series will likely all be over here. We'll see.

Thanks for keeping up with this site, if you do...you've been rewarded with weird stuff, like my obsession with my beard or covering the old-school plastic style DVD cases, or some other inane thing that crosses my brain.

I originally called the site "The Observatory of the Subconscious", but dropped that prepositional phrase because it sounded too pretentious. If anyone has even noticed, I have an all capital-letter acronym on the side of this column. I call it my own version of other, more famous (mostly religious) acronyms.

Mine, WDWG?, is a question, and I'll define it later. I'll field guesses if any of my few readers would like to guess.

Thanks again.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I know this is lame: Would Dogs Want God? Or, how about, Without Doors, Whither God?
    It's really late, Pat. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete