Monday, July 9, 2012

Unearthed Sad Picture

I was troving Corrie's lappy for pictures for an upcoming post and found one of the saddest pictures.


Bars. Bars offering protection from bricks.

This was the "big window" in our Bed-Stuy apartment's bedroom. This picture was taken the first day we moved in, just to take stock of the conditions, and way before we made it pretty--or, made it us, anyway.

When you're excited and optimistic this kind of scene is just one of the stepping stones. Vague ideas of being cramped or crowded mean nothing. All part of the adventure.

I can only imagine how this view might affect people I've worked with, or met in my days not living in New York.

That's your basic "first New York apartment" view, or, more accurately, "first Brooklyn apartment".

Gives me the giggles now.

No comments:

Post a Comment