Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Stir Crazy and the Beach

As the days tick on, and my novel gets slowly worked up, I find myself getting a little stir crazy. This is evident by some of the posts I've put, like my proceeding hairline discussion. I have another post I realize was pretty damn loony, and I'm waiting for the right time to unleash it (after I'm healed and it'll make it more timed).

So, I started to think up ways to take pictures like from Rear Window. I started thinking that a closeup shot might be kinda cool, so here we go:


It took me five tries to get that shot. That stupid picture took almost a half-hour to set up, and at the time it was the most important thing I'd ever tried, a frustrating son of a bitch if ever it was a thing. Later on, I thought that if I moved outside it would look more like the film.

Setting my leg up was tough, because it was still very tight, and after a series of shots with the camera on a timer, I realized that I was just wearing my boxers, and that morning's activities were wasted.

Sweaty and now angry, I realized that another day would have to come for this attempt.

Eventually that day came, and this is the cream of the crop. It was difficult to get the leg in the frame, and this took five different tries, each time I had to get up and check the picture, and then get back into position in time for the ten second clock to fire.


So, as my writing projects developed slower than I really wanted, and my inner crazies started to envelope my alone time, Corrie kept designing different activities for us to do outside. Most were drive-to destinations we used to walk to. One was the nice trip to the beach.

Corrie drove us down to the close spot, the place I would travel on days off and ride bikes. I was having a good time, with the tape and the ocean in the same picture.


My crutches worked in the sand, even as they sank each time I staked them as I hobbled. As I laid on the sheet on the sand, I had to hold the umbrella, otherwise the wind was would take it, and I draped my shirt over my leg to keep it from getting sun damaged.


The beach trip seemed to rejuvenate me. The crazies subsided and I'm back to making some good time on my writing projects, and while at times it seemed like I'd been cooped up and immobile for years, it's still July, and I have only a few weeks left of no weight, and I need to make the best of them.

I've been venturing further and further on my own, and spending productive time at the same coffee house I was at before the incident itself. The long haul feels like it's past halfway and getting towards the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment